ALO is a non-government, not-for-profit, non-religious community care provider supporting individuals and communities within the Central West.
Enhancing individual choices
We will realise this vision by:
- Working with people who may require support or assistance to live in the community as independently as they choose
- Providing flexible, high quality innovations in response to people’s individual goals and aspirations
- Working in partnership with other organisations in order to plan and develop a broad range of options
- Operating across the Blue Mountains and the western areas of NSW, in response to identified community needs
As an organisation passionate about supporting individuals to live the lives they desire, our core values, what matters to us:
- Professional, transparent and ethical conduct
- Applying principles of access and equity to all activities
- Valuing the uniqueness of each individual
- Treating all people with dignity and respect
- Being flexible, innovative and responsive
- Recognising and valuing our team
- Using resources in an environmentally sustainable way
We work, and live, within the central west and specialise in developing local solutions to local problems. We know this community intricately, and pride ourselves on our connection to the people and communities who live here.
Accessible Living Options was formed in July 2014 as the result of the merger of two Bathurst services – Evans Community Options (ECO) and Bathurst Independent Living Skills (BILS). BILS was formed in 1993 and provided Day Programs to people with disabilities. ECO was formed in 1995 and over the years the organisation has grown from a provider of a single program, Community Options, to one that and provided a range of services to enable people to remain living in their homes.
ALO is committed to undertaking programs and activities that have a direct impact on the lives of people who are ageing, people with dementia, people with a disability, people with a mental illness, and their carer’s. This includes commitment to the development and delivery of high quality community care, contribution to planning and development activities, community development initiatives and broader sector research, leadership and mentoring.
We aim to maintain community connectedness, and ensure the voice of consumers is at the forefront in program design, delivery and sector development initiatives.
Our models of care
We pride ourselves on being creative, proactive and innovative. We think outside the square and always work to ensure the needs and preferences of the people we work for are at the centre of what we do.
Our models are based on partnership and collaboration. We recognise that we can’t be everything to everyone, but what we try to do, is facilitate anything for anyone who accesses our organisation for support. Our models of brokerage ensure the right people with the right skills provide the right care.
We specialise in creating tailored solutions to meet your needs. To find out more call us on 02 63382345.
We have been approved for Third Party Verification (TPV) for the Disability Service Standards 2012 - download Certificate of Verification716.97 KB
Our Quality Management Systems have been assessed and registered as meeting the requirements of Attendant Care Industry Standard (ACIS:2013) - download Certificate of Registration795.87 KB